Just north of Los Angeles and located within the “30-mile Zone”, Santa Clarita is home to various studios, movie ranches and production companies. Santa Clarita’s varied topography and abundant settings make it one of the most filmed locations in California.
We currently have a number of television shows based on our more than twenty sound stages located in the area, including CBS’s NCIS; Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet and Ultimate Beastmaster, HBO’s Ballers and Westworld, Freeform’s Stitchers, and USA’s Shooter.
To ensure that Santa Clarita remains a thriving industry hub, the City developed its Film Office in 2002, and is responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Issuing all permits for filming within City limits
- Assisting with location inquiries
- Coordinating filming requests with Los Angeles County Fire and Sheriff
- Overseeing all filming taking place on City-owned property
- Liaising between the City’s residences and businesses with the production community
- Marketing Santa Clarita’s services and locations to the entertainment industry
- Working with legislators to develop pro-active, film-specific benefits to help keep filming in California
In addition to these responsibilities, the Film Office is dedicated to making filming in Santa Clarita as affordable, convenient and enjoyable as possible for production while balancing the needs of the community and its businesses.
Today the City of Santa Clarita is dedicated to creating an environment that allows the film industry to be successful.
In 2007 the City’s Film Program was recognized as the Best Economic Development Program in the state by the California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED).
We welcome the opportunity to work with you soon and look forward to showing you, firsthand, why we’ve consistently been regarded as the best place to film.